Friday, August 19, 2011

a walk through the 50's...

today was a treat indeed...my girlfriend from grade school on through high school...invited me over for lunch...and a time to catch up...and as if that wasn't special enough...yes...i've got some pretty incredible friends =)

she proceeded to show me lot's of her mom's clothing...from the 50's and 60's...most of which were hand sewn by her mother...to say i was in heaven would be the understatement of the year...

most of my own vintage collection is from the 50's & 60's...it truly is the style i gravitate towards...so you could just imagine me drooling a bit...but i tried to keep it off the clothes... =)

the dresses...unbelievable...each one so unique and different...i even got to see the special dress her mom had made herself for her honeymoon...there was just something about the way women dressed up for things...which is probably why i love the pic i posted today...who dresses up like that today to cook dinner?

then we got to the coats...my personal favorite...the beautiful furs...and the biggest moment? was not seeing her mom's...but her grandmothers fox stole...be still my beating heart...

i think i said about 3 to 4 times during the afternoon..."i was born in the wrong era..." which actually my mom has said to me many times as well...

all in all...such a fun fun afternoon taking a walk through the 50's...

photo source

1 comment:

  1. It's great she still had all of those things - I'm sure you were in heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin