Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the balancing act...

the length of your legs in relation to your torso, the width of your shoulders in relation to your hips...these things matter to your overall appearance...and...just like everything else...they can be manipulated...

are you short waisted (short torso, longer legs) or long-waisted (long torso, shorter legs)? to find out...measure the distance between your bottom rib and the top of your hipbone...if it's just a few inches...you are short-waisted...four or more inches...and you are long-waisted...

once you know...you want to wear a waistband that balances you out...if you are short-waisted...look for a lower waistline...and if you are long-waisted...look for a higher one...

voila...balancing act complete...

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm short waisted, but I wish I were as bendy as these girls. Holy moley! We don't do that in Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am definately short waisted...and always trying to manipulate my dress so it doesn't look like it...
    i remember the first time i saw these women at cirque de soleil - kind of freaked me out...but incredible...none the less...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin