Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the speedy...revamped...

ok...i still remember the feeling when i got my very first louis vuitton "speedy"...given to me as a gift by a dear dear friend...i think he was a little taken back by my squeal... =) you know...it's the little things...i thought i would wear that thing out as much as i used it...but interestingly enough...the more it was used...the better it looked...isn't that just how it is with the lv's?

my second one came years and years later...wanted something a bit smaller...and found i great little find...but i found that through the years...it was a little too small...and didn't get as much use as my first...

then came my first trip to paris...and of course...i needed wanted to visit the louis vuitton store there...i wasn't prepared for the lovely treatment they give there customers...but i quickly got used to my very own concierge following me around answering my questions...and smiling at my happiness...i left that trip with a new and much loved (to this day) louis...

but...seriously...how many can you own of the very same type of bag...limited in difference only by the size? =)

well...i have to say...i was pretty excited when i saw the fall 2010 ad for louis vuitton...the speedy has been revamped! now...there is one that looks like a brocade...be still my heart...louis & brocade? it is actually sequined canvas and leather monogram flocage...not only that...but so many styles & sizes to choose from...even a gorgeous clutch with embellishments like sequins, metallic thread & fur!

i may just end up with a new louis!

but enough about me...take a look at these gorgeous pics with christy turlington, karen elson & natalia vodianova - the clothes, the bags...the overall look...such a beautiful era...sigh...












photo source

3 comments:

  1. Please which Speedys do you have? Colors? Thank you. Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LV Speedy is probably my favorite bag of all time. My first one was the monogram 25. I now have the mono 30 and the Damier Azur 30. I also love the Alma as well and own that in several colors. My favorite handbag designer without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin