Wednesday, March 24, 2010

you can't beat a white classic shirt...

think of marlene dietrich, katharine hepburn, marilyn monroe, jackie o, and audrey hepburn...all embraced the cool, crisp elegance of the classic white shirt and made it their own...today, fashion icons like sharon stone, uma thurman, gwyneth paltrow and angelina jolie continue to honor the timeless chic of the classic white shirt...

some favorite ways to wear a classic white shirt...


*with a pencil skirt and a pair of statement heels...

*with a pair of tailored pants, a wide belt, stilettos and an animal print scarf...

*under a navy blazer, dark jeans, a belt and fun loafers...

*loosely over a pair of capri pants and ballet flats...

*tucked into a pair of wide legged pants, skinny belt and brightly colored scarf...

*tucked into a pair of tuxedo pants, collar up, and black satin stilettos...

remember...if you don't like white against your face, make sure the jewelry or scarf you add at the neck is in your color...you can opt for a "white" shirt in "your white" to achieve the same classic look...

are you a fan of the classic white shirt?

7 comments:

  1. I love the white shirt. I especially love all the Anne Fountaine shirts. One day, one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it with a pencil skirt. Sexy every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree ladies...one of the easiest ways to look polished and well put together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look on others but: white does nothing for my complexion; I find it difficult to find one that fits well that's in my price range; tucked in just feels messy to me (probably because of the fit issues). I have found a white classic style shirt that has knit in the side panels, which is more comfortable & forgiving in fit, but only wear it with something (scarf, jewelry, sweater or jacket) to provide color near the face.

    et

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you tried more of a cream color? that might work better for you...although you have the right idea of adding a scarf, jewelry for color accents...
    as far as not tucking in...that is a great look as well...i would belt it for a more polished look...
    thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tell my teenage daughters, you can never have too many white shirts. That being said, my white complexion makes me look horrible in both white and cream, so I have to have a color in there to break it up--my fav, turquoise necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great solution! adding a pop of color closer to your skin...i agree...love the look of a crisp white/cream shirt...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin