Sunday, March 21, 2010

things that make me happy...

a new pair of shoes? most definately...but...something that not only makes me happy...but truly warms my heart...is a hand-written note...maybe it is the old-fashioned girl in me...maybe it is the fact that someone took the time to sit down...with me in mind...and pen a lovely note...all i know...is that it truly touches me...everytime...and i hope it never ends...

this week...i received two such notes...so...suffice to say...my heart was truly feeling warm all over...

the first arrived all the way from the uk...from the fabulous denise of "the swelle life"...we have never met face to face...but we call each other friend...as we speak quite frequently...and have very similar loves...read: fashion & sweets =)

i was one of the fortunate winners on her blog recently...click here to read all about the announcement that i had won...and let me just say...on a side note...her blog is fabulous...make a point of checking in with her stylish writing on fashion...and...cupcake mondays! yes...the pictures alone will have you hooked...i have caught myself drooling several times over the tasty sweet numbers that she has shared...

so here is my lovely journal...arriving all the way from the uk...i haven't quite decided what to pen in this lovely notebook...thoughts?


so...of course...i am thrilled that my package has arrived...if that wasn't excitement enough...there is included...a beautiful notecard...matching my new notebook...isn't it lovely?


and a beautiful "hand-written note"...i can't wait for denise to visit!


a few days later...i received this card from one of my clients...how appropriate is the card itself?


but it was the contents of the card...the "hand-written" part...that really warmed my heart...thanks mindy!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo nice! And I agree, there aren't enough handwritten letters anymore. It shows extra effort in the age of emails and tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww! That is so sweet! It was an absolute pleasure, and I really love the handwritten note as well. It will never die as long as we keep it alive! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin